The Civic Opera Building at 20 North Wacker Drive, is a mixed-use building containing approximately 1,250,000 rentable square feet of office space and theater space. The building is located on Wacker Drive and spans a full city block from Madison Street to Washington Street. The building offers excellent north and south views of the river. This location in the heart of the West Loop offers excellent public transportation options with Ogilvie Station, Union Station, and CTA lines on Wells in immediate proximity.
The Civic Opera Building was built in 1928 and was designed by the architecture firm of Graham, Anderson, Probst & White. The architecture expresses its joint role as a civic monument to the culture and commerce. The ornate, French Renaissance Revival style two story portico and monumental pedestrian colonnade facing Wacker Drive are appropriate to the style and use of a grand opera house. The building was designated a Chicago Landmark in 1998.